This position exists for the purpose of providing leadership and oversight to the women's lacrosse program at Lancaster Bible College and assigned department operational duties.
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree preferred in a health or sport related field.
- Previous collegiate participation and/or coaching experience.
- A demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- A demonstrated ability to develop the academic, spiritual, physical, and social needs of college students.
- Prepare lacrosse team for full intercollegiate season that is compliant with NCAA and United East guidelines.
- Recruit locally, regionally, and nationally student-athletes that are a fit to Lancaster Bible College and coordinate all aspects of recruitment via mailings, telephone, travel, and visits.
- Oversee the development of a culture that fits the philosophy of athletics and is a beacon to the LBC family and community.
- Demonstrate Christian values in attitudes, words, and actions at contests, practices, trips, meals, etc.
- Ensure devotional times are conducted by players/coaches and goals of the athletic department are achieved each season.
- Organize and conduct preseason tryouts and in season practices.
- Select, supervise and evaluate assistant coaching staff.
- Verify roster accuracy for eligibility sheets; coordinate with compliance director on questions or concerns.
- Oversee student-athletes academic progress and be available for consultation/support for student-athletes.
- Run a camp that can help bring exposure of program goals to community.
- Work closely with Sports Information Director to develop a media plan and be available for interviews and speaking engagements both internally and externally.