Assist head coach in all aspects of developing and maintaining a competitive intercollegiate sport program within the NCAA and Big Ten Conference. Establish and maintain effective relationships within the athletics department, the University, community, donors, alumni, club & high school coaches, media and the general public. Represent the University and its athletic programs in a positive fashion in private and public forums. Assist in advancing the department's mission, vision, and strategic plan including its commitment to equity and diversity. Commit to adhering to all rules and regulations of the Department, the University, the Big Ten Conference, and the NCAA.
- Plan and execute practice and competition plans.
- Assist in film breakdown, analysis of film breakdown, & scouting of opponents.
- Set up & execute additional small group & individual training.
- Maintain JumpForward Database.
- Set up coaching staff schedule of who is covering what events.
- Travel to games/events to evaluate potential student-athletes.
- Set schedules for the events to ensure we cover everything needed.
- Consistent communication with potential student-athletes, club coaches, etc. throughout the process; set up our coaching staff calendars for that communication.
- Coordinate official & unofficial visits to campus.
- Other recruiting duties as assigned by head coach.