Develop a highly competitive women’s soccer program, consistent with the student athlete philosophy of TJCCAA/NJCAA Division I, which generates college and community enthusiasm and support.
1. Serve as women’s head soccer coach including recruiting, organization of practice, match scheduling, management of operating budget, fundraising and promotion of program.
2. Monitor women’s soccer student-athlete progress including class attendance, academic performance, personal adjustment and financial aid management.
3. Serve as the academic advisor for soccer athletes for the first 24 credit hours.
4. Coordinate and monitor student study, athletic tutoring and classroom performance.
5. Supervise the part-time assistant soccer coach or coaches.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics:
1. Above average communication skills.
2. Ability to relate to a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
3. Knowledge in coaching soccer skills and strategies.
4. Good recruiting skills and ability to monitor players both academically and athletically.
5. Good public relations skills.
6. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including some evening and weekend hours.
7. Proficient in basic computer skills.