Northern Virginia Community College is accepting applications for a Women’s Softball Head Coach. The position is responsible for the overall direction and administration of the program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Recruit and retain Student-Athletes to participate on the NOVA Women’s Softball Team.
- Coach the Women’s Softball team during all practices and scheduled competitions.
- Schedule all practices, matches and community service.
- Plan and manage all team travel, program budget, equipment needs.
- Monitor team member’s class schedules, class attendance, and academic progress.
- Adhere to all rules and regulations set forth for the program by the college, Region 20, and the NJCAA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Previous intercollegiate softball coaching experience but will consider an equivalent amount of high school coaching experience or a significant amount of playing experience at the NJCAA, NCAA or club level.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a 12 or 15-passenger van.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.