The Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach will be responsible for assisting with all phases of managing a successful volleyball program. Applicant should have strong recruiting skills and knowledge of the NCAA Division II rules and must have experience in working with a diverse population.
- Assess talent and recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Assist head coach with planning and conducting team and individual practices.
- Establish relationships with local high school and area club coaches
- Create itineraries for official/unofficial visits.
- Arrange team travel including hotels, buses, rental vehicles, meals.
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance; arrange study halls; supervise student-athletes.
- Order apparel and equipment as needed; maintain equipment inventory.
- Manage and promote all team, individual skills, satellite, and coaches camps.
Education, Experience, and Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Competitive background in collegiate volleyball preferred as well as one to two years of coaching experience at the club level or above.
- Current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use is preferred at the time of hire, and will be required prior to participation in any countable athletically related activities as defined by the NCAA.
- Must have valid driver's license and the ability to meet insurance requirements for driving university vehicles.