The Women’s Volleyball Coach is responsible to supervise, coordinate, and manage all aspects of the intercollegiate program. This includes but is not limited to planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student-athletes and managing the fiscal, academic, and spiritual aspects of the program.
- Direct all student-athletes and assistant coaches in the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate volleyball program.
- Mentor young women and be able to communicate Godly principles.
- Embrace all aspects of developing, managing and running a volleyball program, working independently and cooperatively with all CIU athletics and institutional staff.
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes that fit the mission and culture of CIU and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Understanding and knowledge of NAIA, AAC and NCCAA compliance and guidelines.
- Monitor academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student-athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program and the university.
- Understanding of the role and challenges of the student athlete.
- Ability to successfully motivate a team.
- Ability to work independently in all aspects of recruiting and management of the program.
- Demonstration of Christian leadership and professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to utilize current technology and social media as it relates to the communication and promotion of CIU, the athletic department, and the volleyball program.
- Ability to work together with other coaches within the athletic department and with other departments on campus.
- Ability to work within budget parameters set by the Director of Athletics.