Chicago State University invites applications for the position of Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball. This position reports to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the intercollegiate volleyball program. Additional responsibilities include: recruiting successful student-athletes; program planning; fiscal and personnel management; and community outreach. The successful candidate will be involved in additional duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, plus a minimum of five years related experience; collegiate or professional coaching experience; Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a background investigation.
As a staff member within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, the person assuming this position is responsible for knowledge of and compliance with institutional, conference and NCAA rules, both those general in nature and those which apply specifically to their job responsibilities. Knowledge of and compliance with NCAA rules is a condition of employment in this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of constituents: student-athletes, parents, coaches, media, alumni, administrators, support staff, campus community and the community at-large.
- Ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines, strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Fiscal responsibility in regard to budget
- General computer software knowledge with a proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe applications. Complete training for required University software/database systems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.