The Head Women’s Volleyball Coach, under the direction of the Directors of Athletics, oversees the responsibilities of coaching the sport of women’s volleyball. The responsibilities are grounded on the principle of student first, athlete second. As a Coach, your responsibility is to manage and document student athletes’ academic and athletic progress.
- Represent MGCC and MGCC athletics in a professional and respectful manner.
- Serve as a student advocate by encouraging academic, personal, and athletic support (such as required study halls, following up on attendance and/or minor disciplinary issues).
- Recruit qualified student-athletes to field a sport as outlined in the Mountain Gateway Community College Student Handbook.
- Fundraise for the MGCC Educational Foundation, as appropriate, to be deposited in the Athletic Fund; with a minimum expectation of $2,500 per season.
- Meet with the team for each practice session and home game and will travel with the team to each away game.
- Abide by NJCAA rules and regulations administered by the NJCAA, which are located at www.njcaa.org
- Be compliant with any NJCAA policies, which are located at www.njcaa.org
- Keep MGCC vehicles maintained and cleaned after use (cars, buses, vans).
- Education and Training: The incumbent shall hold a combination of an Associate’s degree in a relevant sport discipline and/or demonstrable experience as a volleyball coach at the high school or collegiate level.
- Prior Related Experience: Demonstrable experience coaching at the Professional/College/Club/High School level.
- Equipment Skills: Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Other Qualifications: The person holding this position must be a person of high moral character and is expected to be friendly, approachable, team-oriented, committed to students’ academic success, and willing to work on a limited budget. The person must possess effective communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to engage in the community and with prospects, show a high level of sportsmanship, teamwork, positive attitude, and respect for players, coaches, officials, and the MGCC Community.