Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the volleyball program, assistant coaches and student athletes in accordance with established conference rules and regulations including the oversight of all eligibility rules and regulations as established by the athletic department.
- Teaching volleyball skills and strategies to prepare individuals and the team for intercollegiate competition.
- Recruit student athletes following NWAC regulations and college guidelines.
- Assist with the monitoring of student athlete’s academic progress.
- Assist in the development of a competitive schedule in collaboration with the Athletic Director and in alignment with budgetary guidelines.
- Provide post-season evaluation of all student athletes.
- Maintain minimum roster requirements as set by the Athletic Department.
- Work with department personnel to coordinate game management, travel arrangements and athletic facility usage details.
- Maintain and ensure proper tracking of program equipment and apparel.
- Assist in program budget administration and facilitate team-sponsored fundraising activities to enhance the program.
- Associate’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience as a volleyball coach.
- Availability to attend practices and games on weekday afternoons and evenings, and weekends.
- Demonstrated understanding of volleyball rules and regulations.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain certification prior to first practice.
- Availability to travel out of state as needed.
- Valid unrestricted Driver’s License.
Grays Harbor College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal, as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and ADA Amendment Act, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act and Washington State’s Law Against Discrimination, Chapter 49.60 RCW and their implementing regulations.