The head coach is the individual charged with the responsibility for planning, programming, directing, supervising, and implementing the duties and functions of the individual sports program. The head coach must work closely with all others involved in the department, college, EPAC, Region 19 and NJCAA in carrying out the mission and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administering all aspects of the program including coaching, promoting, recruiting, team travel, requisitioning and maintaining equipment, supervising assistants, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, and fulfilling other such duties as they arise or as assigned.
- Manage all assistant coaches and ensure they adhere to this same job description/ expectation.
- Maintain and report team results and statistics to the region, director of athletics, and input the game statistics into the NJCAA website within 24 hours of the game.
- Understand and comply with all EPAC, Region 19 and NJCAA policies and procedures and disseminating such information to assistant coaches and student-athletes.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelors or higher degree preferred.
- Coaching experience and demonstrated ability to recruit student-athletes and develop successful programs. Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Strong communication, listening and time management skills.
- Ability to manage a team in a fair-minded, honest, efficient, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of NCAA and NJCAA rules and compliance.