Rutgers University- Newark (RU-N), an urban public research university and anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise is seeking a Head Coach – Women’s Volleyball. This is a twelve-month position reporting to the Director of Athletics & Recreation.
- All facets of developing and maintaining a successful NCAA Division III Women’s Volleyball. program;
- Recruiting athletically and academically qualified students;
- Retaining students in the program;
- Planning and conducting practices;
- Budget preparation and management; hiring and supervising of assistant coaches;
- Other secondary duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University or combination of education and/or experience equivalent.
- 3 years of Women’s Volleyball coaching experience at the College level; as either Head or Assistant Coach or, 3 years as a Head Coach at the High School level with Collegiate playing experience.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
- Must have demonstrated ability to successfully recruit to an NCAA Div III institution located in an urban environment.
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA Div III regulations and must be committed to adhering to all NCAA, NJAC, CVC, and institutional regulations.