To provide students an opportunity to participate in a competitive setting that will foster physical skills, teamwork, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures associated with the specific sport and the principles of fair play. Competitive athletic programs will also foster school spirit in a positive manner.
- Teaching certificate preferred.
- CPR training preferred.
- Previous wrestling high school/college playing/coaching experience preferred.
- Experience with successful winning program/post season coaching experience preferred.
- Ability and evidence of being able to transition student athletes to the next competitive level. (high school)
- Experience/expertise in coaching all aspects of wrestling.
- Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Instruct players in the fundamentals, the rules of the sport, proper training techniques and safety procedures.
- Design and supervise all practices and matches.
- Assist the Head Varsity Wrestling Coach in the management of the entire wrestling program including middle school, junior varsity and varsity programs.
- Promote good human relations within student body, parents, faculty, and community.
- Promote a high academic standard and assist with academic support for student athletes.
- Help plan pre-season and post-season conditioning programs in conjunction with Varsity Head Wrestling Coach.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head Varsity Wrestling Coach.