The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach with directing, supervising and implementing the duties and functions of the wrestling program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be responsible for being thoroughly familiar and complying with all College, National Collegiate Wrestling Association (NCWA) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) policies and procedures.
- Assist in coaching the necessary skills, techniques and physical conditioning sufficient to enable each athlete to compete in the wresting program safely and to the best of their abilities.
- Be responsible for assisting with on-site supervision during all practice and game situations.
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in wrestling; seek self-improvement when possible.
- May be responsible for driving a College vehicle to and from sporting events, as needed.
- Assume Head Coach responsibilities in the short-term absence of the Head Coach.
- Ability to provide instruction, training, and motivation necessary for the athletes to compete to the best of their ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Developed organizational skills.
- Must possess a current drivers license.
- Must be certified in CPR/AED or willing to acquire.
- Ability to work within the parameters established by the Head Coach and within the responsibilities as defined in the position description.