The High School Assistant Coach carries out the objectives of the sports program as directed by the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach supports the Head Coach and instructs athletes with regard to individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training, while demonstrating behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
- Complies with all HIPAA and FERPA related confidentiality requirements.
- Develops positive relations with students, parents, school staff and the public, including members of the media, boosters, officials, players, other coaches, school administration, and fans.
- Serves as a positive role model for students, coaching staff, and the community.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proven coaching theories, strategies, and techniques and works with student athletes of varying abilities, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds to effectively implement these attributes.
- Instills commitment, discipline, sportsmanship, respect, and teamwork to all athletes and coaching staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the High School Head Coach or Athletic Director.
- A valid Arizona Teaching Certificate is preferred but not required.
- Familiar with Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) organization and its bylaws and requirements.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a National Federation of States High School Association Level 1 Certification.