- Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice and keeps the Director of Athletics and Exercise & Nutritional Science informed of all aspects of the team.
- Determines game strategy.
- Follows district procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models excellent sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Distribute uniforms, supplies, and equipment to student athletes.
- Participates in special activities to include banquet/award nights, and any other organized gatherings involving team.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Previous coaching/playing experience in wrestling (preferred).
- Must have First Aid/CPR card as per WIAA guidelines.
- Completed or will complete all WIAA trainings and requirements.
Othello School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.