Woodward Public Schools seeks a Head Wrestling coach with exceptional communication, time management, organizational skills, experience in leadership and a background in wrestling technique and the enthusiasm and commitment to support wrestlers in their development. Applicant will be willing to work with and encourage student athletes to pursue all areas of interest in High School extra curricular activities.
- Organize, instruct and grow the current wrestling program at Woodward Public Schools. (High School and Middle School).
- Main goal: Preparing the team for District Duals, Regionals and State competition.
- Plan, communicate, and work with building administration and athletic staff to organize schedules, transportation, and program development.
- Support Booster Club efforts in regard to fundraising for program support.
- Communicate regularly with Booster Club president.
- Work to facilitate all aspects of a winning program.
- Training program should emphasize both injury prevention and proper technique.
The coach provides guidance and is expected to:
- Understand, communicate, and assist in ensuring conformance with the wrestling team rules and Woodward High School Student Handbook.
- Work with administration on various aspects of managing the team including, but not limited to, practice times and locations, student eligibility, game performance schedules, and any other matters that affect scheduled performances.
- Work with Booster President on any team issues, concerns, communications, or needs required to meet team objectives.
- Communicate regularly with the Booster President.
- Communicate regularly with team members regarding scheduling for games and practices, uniforms, etc.
- Demonstrate compassion and concern for the academic and physical well-being of team members.Be able to instruct and strengthen individual abilities through
- constructive teaching skills and positive reinforcement.
- Lead by example and encourage good sportsmanship, self-confidence and self-discipline.
- Be prepared to transport/travel with the team to all competitions, etc.
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Understand and completely manage the OSSAA weight management program for grades 9-12.
- Promote a healthy and safe weight management program for all wrestlers.
- Have or be willing to obtain the following: Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries, Heat Illness Certification, Concussion management, Cardiac Arrest training, CDL with passenger endorsement and membership in the Oklahoma Coaches Association and Oklahoma Wrestling Coaches Association. (some certifications are required to be renewed yearly).