To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem. Students shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement.
- Plans and sets-up activities, practices.
- Insures a certified coach is present at all practices.
- Develops appropriate training programs and practice.
- Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms and updated inventories are adhered to.
- Arranges game transportation for athletic participants
- Arranges hotel room reservations for all overnight events except District and State competitions.
- Travels and supervises student athletes on the team bus both to and from.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and/or at least two years related experience.
- Prior successful experience working in a school setting and three or more years of head coaching student-athletes are strongly.
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coach, lead and/or motivate adolescent.