- Knowledge in particular sport based upon experience as a participant and/or coach.
- Directly responsible to the athletic director in liaison with the principal.
- Demonstrated ability in recognizing that the growth and development of each student-athlete requires meeting their individual needs.
- Must complete a CPR/ first aid and concussion trainings per district requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach fundamentals and skills.
- Organize and run practice sessions.
- Teach rules and regulations.
- Display and teach good sportsmanship.
- Assist in maintaining, issuing, and collecting of all equipment and supplies.
- Supervise players at all times (practices, home games, en route to away games and return home from away games) until parent pick up.
- Notify athletic director immediately of any student injury requiring medical attention.
- Direct and supervise assistant coach (if applicable).
- Comply with all Athletic Department, school, and League Rules and Regulations.
- Attend all coaches’ meetings, practices, and contests.
- Verify academic eligibility of all players with Athletic Director.
The North Shore School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.