To organize, administer, facilitate and maintain a successful freshmen athletic team which supports and feeds the JV/Varsity program of the School District of Lancaster.
- Demonstrated successful experience playing the sport or coaching the sport at the middle school/youth level.
- Teaching certification or the ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of pedagogy.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- National coaching certification preferred (ASEP/NFHS/Other Governing Body).
- Understanding of basic fundamentals and movements of the sport.
- Knowledge of current trends, tactics, strategies, and skills of the sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, coaches, parents, faculty members and administrators.
- Experience working with urban students.
- Adhere to paperwork deadlines – eligibility lists, team roster, transportation schedules, inventory sheets, equipment order forms, assistant coaches’ evaluations, and various other paperwork required by the SDoL, LL League, and PIAA.
- Possess a thorough understanding of all PIAA and NFHS rules appropriate to the sport
- Delegate duties to assistant coaches.
- Adhere to attendance, eligibility and discipline policies.
- Collect and inventory equipment.
- Attend scheduled meetings with head varsity coach.
- Attend trainings, clinics, or conferences provided by the head varsity coach or athletic director.