Welcome to the Murrieta Valley Unified School District, a 2018 California Exemplary School District! Thank you for your interest in joining MVUSD, a student-centered district of choice in south Riverside County. We proudly educate over 23,000 students from transitional kindergarten through high school with rigorous academic programs designed to help every student succeed. We inspire students to participate in our highly acclaimed visual and performing arts programs, championship athletic programs and nationally recognized student activity programs.
1. Previous Varsity coaching experience preferred.
2. Head Coaching experience preferred.
3. Competitive experience preferred.
4. Experience and understanding of the budget and fiscal responsibilities of the head coach position.
5. Has demonstrated ability to mentor the six core ethical values of “Pursuing Victory with Honor” (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship).
6. Proven ability to foster, build positive relationships, and mentor the coaching staff in effort to sustain a successful program
7. Build positive relations with staff, students, parents and media.
1. Run a year-round development program.
2. Teach fundamental, physical and mental skills needed in the sport of wrestling.
3. Communicate a clear vision for the development of the entire program.
4. Promote academic excellence within the wrestling program.
5. Foster a desire to promote school spirit and a positive school climate.
6. Understand the budget and the fiscal responsibilities of the entire program.
7. Organize the acquisition and inventory of equipment, materials and supplies.
8. Communicate with staff, students and parents with character and competence.
9. Willing to work flexible hours and willing to practice late in the evening.
10. Willing to work on weekends for tournaments.
The Murrieta Valley Unified School District is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education and in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, immigration status, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental/marital or family status, primary language, medical condition, genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.