The Athletics Head Coach position is designed to oversee the total program of that sport. The Head Coach is responsible for their own team but must also assist and lead the other coaches to pull together for a unified effort in that sport.
- Planning all areas of their team.
- They lead and assist their coaching staff in coordinating efforts under one program goal and ensuring compliance with rules at all levels.
- Analyze game strategy.
- Implementation of skill development.
- Coverage of bus trips
- Video analysis of games
- Statistical analysis of games
- Attend all league and local, district, and state meetings when necessary.
- Reaching out to local Youth Groups to promote their respective sport in town.
- Planning award ceremonies and individual award winners.
Watertown Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.