MHS is currently seeking a Wrestling (7th & 8th grade) Head Coach for a one-year ancillary position at the Middle School. The Head Coach is responsible for leading the program year-round to develop students athletically and competitively, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life. The season runs from November through February. Practice hours are from 2:45 pm – 5:30 pm. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Planning and overseeing all aspects of the sport’s program.
- Ensuring the program is competitive and character-building.
- Recruiting students to participate and collaborating with the primary and middle schools to develop talent pipelines.
- Establishing year-round strategies and processes to train & invest in student skill development.
- Leading all practice sessions and coaching at all games and events.
- Provide exceptional coaching within the Milton Hershey Framework to teach Sacred Values and Leadership.
- Hiring and maintaining a coaching support staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of successful coaching experience with demonstrated success in establishing a highly competitive program, while also instilling high quality character.
- Must have current knowledge of techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and lead a team of coaches.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate & influence in cross-functional settings.