The helper is responsible for helping the coaching staff with each participating student to achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem. The helper reports to the Head Coach and works under the auspices of the Varsity Head Coach and on-site Athletic Director/LEAP Liaison.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the TCAPS Code of Conduct; acts as a positive role model on and off the court/field/site, etc.;
- Adheres to Playing Fair: A Guide to Title IX in High School and College Sports;
- Helps individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved;
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, training techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport;
- Works cooperatively with all TCAPS coaches, athletic directors/ LEAP Liaison, and students to ensure a healthy, positive cross-town rivalry;
- Supports the coaching staff in the conduct of his/her particular sport and the total athletic program;
- Fulfills all responsibilities assigned by the Head Coach.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Valid teaching certificate and a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- First aid and CPR training preferred.
- Experience in teaching, coaching, and sports medicine preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate success in area of application.