Supports the head coach of the sport by carrying out assigned responsibilities. Understands and follows NCAA and conference rules and regulations. Follows NCAA rules as outlined in Bylaw 13 in the NCAA Division III Manual. Reports any alleged violations of NCAA, conference, or institutional rules and regulations.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University is an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. As a teaching-centered institution, we encourage undergraduate and graduate students to discover what it takes to build meaningful and examined lives. We empower our students to achieve lasting personal and professional success.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coaches the position(s) or segments necessary as directed by the head coach.
- Keeps informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques, and strategies in coaching, which include developing a philosophy of what to teach and how to implement.
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of practices as necessary.
- Instructs student-athletes on high expectations for academic achievement; monitors the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Instructs student-athletes on a standard of proper safety.
- Recruits individual student-athletes or territories as directed by the head coach. Assists student-athletes and their parents in understanding the educational programs and opportunities at Aurora University as well as the opportunities in the athletic program. Answers questions to aid in the understanding of NCAA Division III rules related to recruitment.
- Maintains self-control and poise; provides an example of sportsmanlike conduct for team members, officials, opponents, and spectators.
- Attends athletic department meetings and university community meetings and functions.