- To help participants develop and attain a high level of skill and self-discipline, and to instill values of teamwork, fair play, mutual respect, and attributes of good sportsmanship.
- To foster enjoyment and an awareness of the lifetime benefit of healthy physical activity, recreation, and athletic endeavor.
- Plan and conduct appropriate, challenging practices to improve team performance and individual skills.
- Ensure that all players participating in practices and/or games are eligible, according to information provided by the School Administration. This includes turning away players who are not ‘cleared to play’ on Day 1 of Try-outs, or at any time during the season.
- Remain in compliance with all certification, safety and district/MIAA mandated policies, such as current CPR cert., concussion certification, fingerprints, CORI, etc.
- Understand and comply with relevant district policies (communication with players, lightning, concussion and injury protocols, student supervision, fundraising, etc.)
- Conduct one parent meeting per season, within the first two weeks, to review expectations, practice and game schedules, expected behavior (students AND parents) and other relevant info, including ‘communication ladder’ and ’24-hour rule’.
- Conduct one, in season, Community Outreach/Give Back Event per season.
- Communicate results (scores and noteworthy achievements) to the Athletic Director regularly, following each contest. Communicate VARSITY results to MassLive and other relevant news sources following Varsity competitions, as per established procedures.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred.
- High School/Trade School degree preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.
Frontier Regional and Union 38 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.