- State of Ohio Teacher’s Certificate (preferred, not required).
- Coaching and administrative abilities.
- Obtain Pupil Activity Supervision Validation and CPR Certification.
- Ability to relate to and inspire young athletes.
- Knowledge of the care of and prevention of athletic injuries.
- Organizational skills/resources to enhance the program.
- Skill in oral presentations.
- Able to get along with other coaches.
- Actively participate in all conference, sectional, district and state level meetings and obligations.
- Proper attire shall be worn during practice and games.
- Establish team rules concerning attendance, practice and training rules, and enforce them; make sure each athletic director and each athlete gets a copy of them prior to the beginning of practice.
- Publicize results, win or lose, to athletic director, student body, and news media.
- Supervise all team members before, during and after practice and games.
- Aid in any way possible in planning schedules, transportation, officials and setting up for home games.
- Correspond with college coaches who are interested in any of our players as potential collegiate student athletes.
- Submit awards list to athletic director as soon as possible. Secure all league, local, district and state awards and submit to athletic director.
- Coordinate the total interscholastic wrestling program in the Cloverleaf Schools.