To provide students an opportunity to participate in a competitive setting that will foster physical skills, teamwork, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures associated with the specific sport and the principles of fair play.
- Instruct players in the fundamentals, the rules of the sport, proper training techniques and safety procedures.
- Design and supervise all practices and matches.
- Strong organization and management of the entire wrestling program including middle school, junior varsity and varsity programs.
- Promote good human relations within student body, parents, faculty, and community.
- Promote a high academic standard and establish academic supports for student athletes.
- Plan comprehensive pre-season and post-season conditioning programs.
- Willingness to take leadership role to promote high ideals of sportsmanship, appropriate student athlete behavior, a healthy lifestyle, and to serve as a positive role model for the student athletes.
- Establish a procedure to inform student-athletes and parents of the discipline policies and academic requirements regarding student activities set forth by the Millcreek Township School District.
- Develop each team member to their skill potential.
- Teaching certificate preferred.
- CPR training preferred.
- Minimum five years wrestling high school/college playing/coaching experience preferred.
- Experience with successful winning program/post season coaching experience preferred.
- Ability and evidence of being able to transition student athletes to the next competitive level. (college)
- Experience in teaching both fundamentals and higher level technical skills.
- Strong understanding of all levels including middle school, junior varsity, and varsity wrestling programs.