The Marlins Youth Academy Baseball & Softball Seasonal Coach will focus on executing sports-based youth development programs to teach the game of baseball and softball, while simultaneously providing life-changing social and emotional learning for youth ages 5-18.
- Serve as coach to teach the fundamentals of baseball and lead a tee ball, coach pitch or kid pitch team which includes facilitating practices and games to encourage youth participants to gain and develop life skills, knowledge, and techniques.
- Work with fellow coaches and supervisor to confirm practice plans using Marlins Rookies curriculum per week to help players strengthen individual skills and team cohesiveness, while also developing life skills and intangibles necessary for team sports.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Jr. RBI program with community partners like Boys and Girls Club of Miami-Dade Gwen Cherry, Northwest Club, City of Hialeah Parks and Recreations, Centro Mater which includes communicating with parents, help managing the online registration database on League Apps, collection of paperwork and distribution of uniforms and equipment.
- Coordinate the operations of Jr. RBI program with Boys and Girls Club of Miami-Dade, Gwen Cherry Park, City of Hialeah, and Northwest Club supervisor which includes management of the league, assist with field maintenance, scheduling updates, rosters and serving as an umpire if needed.
- Serve as umpire for Jr. RBI games when needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work nights/weekends.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.