The Youth Athletic Coordinator (YAC) teacher position reports to the PE/Athletics Coordinator. The YAC supports the school’s philosophy, policies, goals, and Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs).
1) Possession of, or eligibility for, a California Standard Teaching Credential authorizing the holder to teach Deaf/Hard of hearing students.
2) Proficiency in American Sign Language.
3) Good command of written English.
4) Strong cultural perspective of the Deaf.
5) Education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: experience working with students from a diverse background, bilingual education, learning differences, team teaching, transition, or project-based instruction.