In this role you will:
- Assist with event logistics of youth basketball programs (summer camps, junior basketball camps, clinics, etc.)
- Work on-site at various camp locations to assist with needs related to each setting
- Lead and oversee basketball drills and skill development activities.
- Build strong connections with staff and campers, taking personal responsibility for the well-being, enjoyment, and development of all program participants.
- Serve as a role model for campers and staff by demonstrating a positive attitude, respectful communication, appropriate attire and grooming, and a diligent work ethic.
- Work as part of a team to foster a safe, fun, and supportive camp environment grounded on the values of the program.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in working with campers, campers’ families, fellow team members, fellow Thunder staff, and facility partners.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Prior or current playing experience in high school, college, or professional basketball.
- Previous coaching experience required.
- Prior experience with mentorship is a plus.
- CPR/AED certification preferred.
- Self-starter with an outgoing personality.
- Organized, professional, and detail oriented.
- Possess good judgment and display confidence speaking to and working with people from all walks of life.