The City of Greeley Recreation is looking for passionate, friendly, and encouraging sports instructor that will play an integral part in helping successfully conduct seasonal sports clinics and camps. Instructors will be responsible for upholding the City of Greeley youth sports philosophy, leading safe, effective, and encouraging camps, clinics, and activities for a variety of sport formats.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Ability to conduct an effective class based on the sport format appropriate to participant age and skill level.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of proper group management and time management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with children and adults.
- Confidence working in small to large groups.
- Ability to provide skill modifications and progressions for a wide variety of abilities.
- Ability to uniquely motivate and build rapport with participants to provide a safe and welcoming environment.
- Previous experience in community facing roles or customer service.
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Experience working with youth from ages 3 -14.
- Responsible for design and delivery of sports camps and clinics
- Keep accurate record of class attendance.
- Willingness to cross-train in other sport categories, camps and clinic opportunities
- Serve as a role model to staff and participants as it relates to sport philosophy, etiquette and safety.
- Provide a friendly, inclusive, service-oriented environment for parents and participants.
- Maintain familiarity of Greeley Recreation functions including risk management procedures, registration information, basic operational practices, and understanding of programs and services.
- Respond to all injuries and assist in immediate emergency procedures.