The Youth Soccer Camp Coach position plays a vital role within the department’s programming. Sporting KC Youth Soccer runs soccer camps throughout the year, with a camp weekly during the summer months. These camps range from developing players that are just beginning their soccer journey, to specializing in specific positions like goalkeepers or forwards. Sporting KC camps range from 5-14 years old and play a significant role in any player’s development.
- Coach age/skill appropriate training sessions.
- Run and implement sessions with exercises ranging from individual skill work to small-sided scrimmages.
- Provide a fun, yet challenging, environment where all players can learn.
- Give individual player feedback and advice during the session and after, as needed.
- Represent Sporting KC, its related affiliates, and sponsors in a professional manner always.
- Strong organizational, communicative, and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work with all ages and skill levels.
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude, and enthusiasm about contributing to the success of the department and club.
- Ability to speak English clearly (bi-lingual a plus!)
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to work evenings (most of our camps are in the morning with a few in the evening).