The soccer season begins the week of September 12. The expected time commitment is approximately 2-3 hours per week, with 1-2 practices a week, and games on Saturday mornings. This recreational league places an emphasis on equal playing time, sportsmanship, and having fun.
- Coaches are expected to attend an in-person coaches meeting and are responsible for contacting their teams after the meeting.
- Coaching Soccer requires basic knowledge of the game, rules and the ability to demonstrate and communicate proper skills and drills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with players, parents, and staff.
- Ability to work with no supervision, attend all practices and games.
- Develop and implement meaningful and instructive practice plans.
- Emphasize teamwork, equal participation, and good sportsmanship.
- Communicate effectively with league administrators as well as team parents via phone, email, or text regarding schedules, league updates, rules, etc.