Under the guidance of the Youth and Family Coordinator, the youth sports assistant plans and implements instructional age-appropriate sports programs to participants.
- Ensures proper technique and safe teaching skill development.
- Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment.
- Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in sport of basketball, soccer and t-ball.
- Observe participants during practice to detect and correct mistakes always encouraging positive feedback.
- Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Explains basic fundamentals of the sport of basketball.
- Keeps records of attendance.
- Follows YMCA Youth Sport Philosophy at all times.
- Notify supervisor of any damaged equipment or shortages.
- Wear appropriate activity attire and footwear.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; kick, throw, run or jump and taste or smell.