ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Set up and take down instructional equipment before and after each class.
Supervise children and ensure the playing/performance area is safe for all participants.
Work irregular shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Maintain current qualifications in accordance with program standards.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned by the Youth Development Director, Youth Program Director and/or the General Manager.
- Desire to work with children 18 months to 13 years of age.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- High energy and enthusiasm throughout all classes.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, preferably with target age group(s).
- Strong time-management skills to ensure all goals of each class are met.
- Commitment to work the same hour(s) each day for 10-13 consecutive weeks.
Classes are normally held indoors in a temperature and humidity-controlled environment. Some classes may be held outdoors in summer weather conditions (except rain/thunderstorm conditions). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.