- Develops, implements, and manages sports operating plans to promote program growth for the branch. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Hires, trains, and supervises site staff in assigned areas. Facilitates Branch level communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Provides support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/ boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Responsible for flier distribution at local elementary schools, email blasts to past participants and coaches, and community publications and events.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent is preferred.
- Two years experience directing sports programs is preferred.
- Experience managing a large number of sport program participants and budget is required.
- Must have leadership experience supervising both staff and high volumes of program volunteers as well as proven success in peer group work settings.
- A strong foundational knowledge of the technical aspects of basketball, baseball, soccer, football, and other sports, and a firm grasp on the concept of using sports as a vehicle for Youth Development.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
- Strong problem solving skills required in interactions with parents, coaches, volunteers and staff.