As a City of Billings Parks, Recreation, and Public Lands volleyball coach you will be expected to demonstrate, instruct, and develop basic volleyball specific skills with participants 9 - 12 years old. The coach is responsible for all aspects of directing the teams practice and play in games. An understanding of the specific sport is required. The instructor’s level of play should be at the high school level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches must serve as a positive role model to players, parents, officials, and fellow coaches by following all rules and demonstrating good sportsmanship.
- Coaches must be able to teach volleyball skills using planned practices and games at an appropriate level for each participant.
- Coaches must be able to organize the players to participate in games while providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all players, giving each child an equal opportunity to participate.
- Enjoy working with kids.
- Professional, confident, and capable of dealing with players, parents, and fans.
- Pass background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Reliable transportation to and from games and training.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.