- Directs and manages all aspects of the rules education program for WFU coaches, staff, and student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, ACC, and WFU rules and policies/procedures.
- Serves as the primary athletic compliance liaison to name, image, likeness (NIL) agents or professional service providers and the WFU Director of NIL Strategy.
- Serves on the WFU NIL Action Team.
- Serves as the primary compliance liaison to men’s and women’s basketball coaches and staff along with other Olympic sport coaches as designated by the Sr. Associate AD.
- Provides interpretations on NCAA rules in all bylaws to WFU coaches, athletics staff, non-athletics staff, student-athletes, donors, prospective-student-athletes and stakeholders.
- Directs and trains compliance support staff members on athletic team roster updates across various compliance software databases and WFU reports.
- Manages the education program for the annual NCAA recruiting certification requirement for WFU coaches and non-coaching staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience in a NCAA Division I campus athletics compliance, office, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with NCAA Compliance Assistant software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability and desire to perform accurate detail-oriented work, strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize tasks as assigned, and maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to understand, comply with, and enforce NCAA, ACC and WFU rules and regulations.
- Ability to foster a cooperative environment with athletic coaches and administrative staff members along with campus partners in various departments.