Assists in providing leadership and direction for an assigned area within the athletic department. Responsible for the development, coordination, and administration of the department. Responsible for employees in the assigned area.
- Advise senior administrators on current issues related to the mental health and well-being of student-athletes.
- Develop and direct long-term strategic plan for and functioning of clinical and sports psychology department.
- Evaluate the performance of staff members within the clinical and sports psychology department.
- Support the collaboration between departments that fall under student-athlete health and wellness.
- Establish and implement a robust mental performance training program for each sports program and coaching staff.
- Guide organizational wellness initiatives that foster a culture of health among staff, coaches, and student-athletes.
- Maintain data on the utilization and general effectiveness of clinical and sports psychology departments.
- Evidence of strong leadership and communication skills and ability to manage and support psychology staff members.
- Experience in strategic planning, policy and procedure development, and program creation and evaluation.
- Strong skills in multidisciplinary collaboration and team-based health care.
- Experience in the identification and treatment of a wide array of mental health disorders or issues that impact athlete populations.
- Ability to advise non-clinical personnel on pertinent topics related to psychological health and performance.
- Demonstrate training in applied sport and performance psychology interventions.
- Experience with clinical outcome measurement and training in the scientist-practitioner model.