Assist Head Coach with teaching and counseling student athletes in physical strength conditioning techniques and supervise an athletic conditioning regimen. Assist Head Coach in directing/supervising activities and scheduling of the weight training room.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference, and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
- Provide specialized strength conditioning counsel to intercollegiate sports coaches and student-athletes on the proper methods of weight training.
- Develop and coordinate programs that will assist the student-athlete in developing overall physical strength.
- Provide motivational encouragement, counsel, and supervision to student-athletes to reach conditioning goal levels.
- Organize and schedule the weight room for intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with developing off-season conditioning programs.
- Manage Graduate Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Certification in strength training through a nationally recognized certification program is required.