Responsible for assisting the management and administration of the intercollegiate Strength and Conditioning program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Northeast Conference, and the NCAA. This is a part-time, not benefit eligible position which is limited to a maximum of 950 hours per calendar year and will run from January to April and August to November each year. Although an exempt position, hours must be tracked in the Time Management system.
- Use expert technical knowledge of Strength and Conditioning to develop a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence.
- Organize, supervise, and instruct with a hands-on approach the conditioning and workouts for the athletes in the various intercollegiate programs in the Department.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude toward all sports within the RMU intercollegiate athletics program.
- Supervise apprentices and interns in their work with various athletic teams.
- Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in coaching Strength and Conditioning.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must have and maintain a certification with the CSCCa – SCCC and/or NSCA - NSCA.
- Current certification in CPR/AED.