The person in this position is an Assistant Coach and reports to the Head Coach for all sport duties and the Director of Athletics & Chair of Physical Education for administrative duties. This person is responsible for all duties listed below regardless of sport as well as duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Coach. It is a 44-week appointment, the end of the 2023/24 academic year will be June 14, 2024.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with conducting a program that is consistent with the values and philosophy of the College, the department, NESCAC, and the NCAA Division III.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition by planning for and conducting a regular schedule of fitness training, sport skill practices, scouting and competitions within NESCAC and NCAA regulations.
- Conduct oneself with the highest ethical and moral standards in regards to behavior on campus and in relationships with student-athletes and members of the campus community.
- Upholds and conducts oneself according to the values of the; college, department, NESCAC and NCAA.
- Provide a safe practice, competition and travel environment for all student athletes and staff.
- Have knowledge of and abide by the rules, policies, and procedures of the department, College, and all of the organizations of which the College and the team is a member including NESCAC and the NCAA, understanding that violations of these rules could result in discipline up to and including termination.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by Athletic Director.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 1-3 years of collegiate playing and/or coaching experience.
- Individual must possess the skills and abilities or be able to teach and demonstrate all aspects of the sport they are coaching.
- The candidate must be able to work independently and have the ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- The candidate should be considering a career in college coaching.
- Experience recruiting at the college level is also preferred.