The primary role of this position, 1st Assistant Coach and Recruiting Coordinator, is to provide teaching, coaching and technical expertise needed to allow the student-athlete to compete at their highest competitive potential. Additionally, it is a primary responsibility of the incumbent to be cognitive of all coaching and/or teaching duties associated with the program.
- Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the conduct of game preparation and practice sessions;
- Assists in making strategic decisions in contest situations;
- Effectively prepares and organizes pre-season, and post-season conditioning programs and practice sessions;
- Oversees the strength and conditioning development of the athletes;
- Assists the Head Coach in the elevation of the student-athlete; and
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for the student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Competitive collegiate soccer experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to adhere NCAA, conference, and Commonwealth rules and regulations; and
- Ability to work with sensitive private student-athlete information.