The Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance reports to the Director of Athletics and serves as a member of the Department’s Senior Management Team. This position oversees the Compliance operations for a 16-sport Division 1 athletics program competing in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of athletic policies and procedures including financial aid, gender equity, personnel, facilities and sports programs.
- Administers, maintains and updates the CAi system.
- Conducts rules education programs for coaches, student-athletes, institutional administrators and staff, boosters and local community members.
- Provides necessary information for required compliance audits.
- Assists in the athlete business in reconciliations of officials visits and other compliance related reimbursements.
- Provides pre-approval on business documents related to coaches recruiting and team travel from an NCAA compliance standpoint.
- Coordinates monthly athletic department compliance staff meetings.
- The Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance is responsible for supporting the philosophy, goals and mission of the University and the Department of Athletics and well as adherence to Departmental, University, MAAC, ECAC and NCAA policies and procedures.
- Commitment and sensitivity to the needs and dynamics of a culturally diverse student body that includes a large percentage of first-generation and low-income students.
- Creative, innovative and self-motivated individual with the ability to work creatively in an atmosphere of limited resources.
- Commitment and sensitivity to the Jesuit and Catholic ideals that form the mission of Saint Peter’s University; and willingness to integrate these ideals into all aspects of the Athletics Department.