This position reports to the Director of Strength and Conditioning. This position is responsible for the Strength and Conditioning for the men's basketball team along with other teams as assigned, within the guidelines of the University, Conference and NCAA rules.
- Bachelor's degree required/Master's preferred;
- Minimum 1 year experience beyond undergrad preferably working with basketball;
- Division 1 experience is preferred;
- Must have or be eligible for certification through CSCS and/or SCCC. CPR certification required;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience promoting inclusive excellence is required.
- Maintains Student-Athlete records; complies with confidentiality and privacy guidelines of FERPA and HIPAA;
- Mentor, supervise and train graduate assistants and interns in strength and conditioning;
- Responsible for full compliance with University, Department and NCAA regulations;
- Carries out effective and proven methods of injury prevention and rehabilitation;
- Develops student-athletes through safe, proven and effective teaching, training and coaching;
- Effectively communicates with all parties and follows protocol relative to injuries and illness;
- Collaborate with Athletic and University support units to ensure Student-Athlete health, safety and well-being;
- Responsible for the efficient use of all Department resources.