The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will report to the Senior Associate Strength and
Conditioning Coach with final oversight from the Assistant Athletic Director of Athletic
Performance. This coach will be an integral part of the preparation of our student-athletes for
participation and will develop and gain experience through research-based training modalities
aimed at injury prevention, performance preparation and the physical, psychological and
cognitive development of our student-athletes.
- Design and implement sports performance programs for assigned teams.
- Communicate and collaborate with sport coaches and support staff to meet the various
needs of student-athletes on assigned teams.
- Develop recovery and wellness programs to support performance goals in conjunction
with staff in other team support areas.
- Work to collect and monitor assessment data and performance, wellness, and readiness
metrics relevant to each team's programs.
- Communicate and assist Sports Medicine with rehabilitation of sports related injuries to student-athletes and return to play progressions.
- Assist in scheduling teams and monitoring the Salquist Performance Center.
- Perform all duties in compliance with NCAA, WCC, and University rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field.
- CPR/AED Certified.
- Current NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC certification.
- Minimum of 2-3 years as a sports performance coach at the collegiate or professional level.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace, with a variety of teams, coaches, sports medicine and nutrition professionals, and support staff.