Villanova University, a Division I institution and member of the Big East conference, has an immediate opening for a full-time assistant coach for women’s soccer. Responsibilities include assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of the program including, but not limited to on-field coaching, scouting opponents, recruiting, game day administration, academic monitoring of student athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach with directing and supervising all activities relative to the training and skill development of student-athletes in preparation for competition.
- Provide technical skill instruction to aid in the development of student-athletes at practices; conduct individual training sessions with student-athletes geared at skill development.
- At the direction of the head coach, develop and execute practice plans that will prepare the team physically and mentally for competition.
- Assist in the preparation of team for games by contributing strategies and aiding in daily preparation of organized and effective practices.
- Prepare scouting reports on opponents in preparation for competition.
- Monitor student-athletes academic progress ensuring student athletes meet eligibility standards and advance towards a degree.
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree, previous coaching experience at the Division I level, and knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Understanding of budget issues and funds management. Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules, requirements, and expectations of universities, programs, coaching staffs, and athletes. Extensive knowledge of women’s soccer.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as the abilities to pay close attention to details, interact effectively and appropriately with student athletes, and evaluate prospects.
- Proficiency with personal computer applications.