The Director of Athletic Communications, under general direction, manages the development and implementation of most athletic marketing promotions and public relations programs directed to numerous internal and external constituencies. Serves as the focal point for developing and coordinating news stories and other appropriate exposure for research and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and manages the development of marketing and related activities for communication to a broad array of external audiences.
- Strategically directing the athletics department's media relations, communications, and promotions.
- Develop, create and distribute creative content.
- Oversee all social media communication strategies through creation and implementation across all platforms.
- Oversee gameday operations for home contests (statistics, media relations, opponent relations).
- Initiates and coordinates television, radio, digital, and print media for important events and announcements.
- Oversees the creation, monitoring, and updating of social media projects, pages, and postings.
- Education - Bachelor's degree in relevant field. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Experience - Five years of related experience.
- Knowledge of - Knowledge of in-game statistical program. Desktop media and other software programs. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to - Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills.