The Director of Athletics serves as North Greenville University’s executive tasked with oversight of all intercollegiate athletics. The Director of Athletics reports to the Executive Vice President, while working closely with the President, and is a member of the Executive Leadership Council. In order to be available for emergencies and frequent duties outside of regular business hours and over university breaks, the Director of Athletics is required to live in university-owned housing in Tigerville.
- Cast a vision for, and lead in the development of, a Christ-first athletic program complementing the university’s mission and core values.
- Provide oversight to the overall operation of the university’s intercollegiate athletic program.
- Maintain compliance with NCAA, Conference Carolinas, and Gulf South Conference regulations and standards.
- Provide direct supervision to all head coaches and assigned administrative and support staff.
- Oversee fiscal operations of the department.
- Work closely with the Faculty Athletics Representative and broader academic community to promote the academic success of student-athletes.
- Assist with raising operational and booster club funds for the department in coordination with Advancement and University Engagement, serving as an ex officio member of the advancement team.
- Manage athletic facilities in cooperation with Campus Enhancement Services.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in areas related to the position
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Competency with basic business tools including, word processing, spread sheets, presentation software, data base management
- Member in good standing of a local evangelical church, preferably affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention
- Affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 without reservation.