The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics is responsible to the Chancellor for developing and supervising a representative athletic program guided by the University mission and vision statement. Resource development is critical to the success of the mission of the university, and the athletic director will work in close collaboration with relevant university offices.
- Direct and supervise the administration of the men’s and women’s athletic programs and provide oversight of all administrative, compliance, operational and business functions in accordance with the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC), and University institutional policies and procedures.
- Encourage and create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, professionalism, and respect among staff, coaches and student athletes while maintaining a competitive program.
- Promote a competitive athletic atmosphere consistent with NCAA Division III philosophy.
- Serve on Chancellor’s leadership team, attend meetings and serve at the pleasure of the Chancellor.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a NCAA Division program
- 3-5 years’ experience leading/supervising personnel and budgets in an Athletic Department
- Demonstrated track record of building community relationships, fundraising and related development activities
- Familiarity with NCAA regulations and Title IX compliance
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to collaborate and positively influence public relations between the department, campus, and community.